(4) Increase the size of the drill to rivet size or a size slightly smaller than rivet size, and again drill out
rivet head. Rivet head should fall off at this point. If not, position a punch or similar tool against the
rivet head and carefully drive it out with a hammer.
(5) Using a punch and a hammer, punch out the remainder of the rivet(s) to be replaced.
(6) Obtain replacement part or item of hardware and mount in correct position.
(7) Obtain and install appropriate size rivet. Using the riveter and appropriate size head, install the
(8) Replace cover and components in accordance with paragraph 5-11.
t. Cable Mount and Grommet Repair. To replace a cable mount or plastic grommet, proceed as follows:
Remove cover and/or components in accordance with procedures in paragraph 5-10 to obtain
access to area where repair is to occur.
Adequate ventilation must be provided while using trichlorotrifluoroethane.
Prolonged breathing of vapor should be avoided. The solvent must not be used
near heat or open flame; the products of decomposition are toxic and irritating.
Since trichlorotrifluoroethane dissolves natural oils, prolonged contact with skin
should be avoided. When necessary, use heavy duty rubber gloves (item 6, App.
D) that the solvent cannot penetrate. If the solvent is taken internally, consult a
(2) Remove old adhesive using cloth dampened (not wet) with trichlorotrifluoroethane (item 13, App.
(3) After one minute drying time, apply coating of clear adhesive, type 608 (item 1, App. D) to surface
where part is to be mounted, then press part into adhesive and allow to dry for at least one minute.
u. Identification Plate Removal and Replacement. To remove and replace the identification plate refer
to figure 5-3 and proceed as follows:
(1) Remove bottom cover (3) in accordance with paragraph 5-10a.