Remove the top cover (2) in accordance with paragraph
Remove the bottom cover (9) as given in paragraph 5-12c.
Tag the wires to identify transistor (21) connections.
Remove the nut (22) that secure the wires and terminal
Tag and unsolder
lugs (23) to the transistor (21).
other wire connections.
Remove the two screws (24), nuts (25), flat washers (26),
lock washers (27), and insulators (28) that secure the
transistor (21) to the ECM bracket (36) above the
Remove the transistor (21).
To replace, aline the replacement transistor with the
mounting holes and secure with the two screws (24), flat
washers (26), lock washers (27), insulators (28), and
Attach the terminal lugs (23) to the transistor (21) as
tagged during removal with the nuts (22). Solder other
wires to the transistor as tagged during removal.
(10) Replace the bottom cover (9) as given in paragraph 5-12c.
(11) Replace the top cover in accordance with paragraph 5-12a.
(12) Replace the indicator CCA (13) as given in paragraph
(13) Replace front panel plate (11) in accordance with
(14) Refer to section V of this chapter.
Refer to figure
m. Terminal Board TB1 Removal and Replacement.
5-13 and proceed as follows:
Use a heatsink when resoldering components
on TB1 to prevent damage to heat-sensitive
Remove top cover (2) in accordance with paragraph 5-12a.
Tag all wiring connected to TB1 (29), then unsolder
Remove six screws (33), flat washers (34), and spacers
(35) that secure TB1 to ECM bracket (36), then remove