(11) Replace enclosure in accordance with paragraph 5-11, step
(12) Refer to section V of this chapter.
Refer to figure 5-9 and proceed as
Cable Mount Replacement.
(1) Remove enclosure (6) in accordance with paragraph 5-11a.
(2) Cut lacing that secures connector wiring to cable mount.
Adequate ventilation should be provided while using tri-
Prolonged breathing of vapor
should be avoided. The solvent should not be used near
heat or open flame; the products of decomposition are
toxic and irritating. Since trichlorotrifluoroethane dis-
solves natural oils, prolonged contact with skin should be
When necessary, use gloves (item 8, App. D) that
If the solvent is taken
the solvent cannot penetrate.
internally, consult a physician immediately.
(3) Remove old adhesive using cloth dampened (not wet) with
trichlorotrifluoroethene (item 18, App. D).
(4) After one minute drying time, apply coating of clear
adhesive, type 608 (item 1, App. D) to surface where part
is to be mounted, then press part into adhesive and allow
to dry for one minute.
Front Panel Fastener Assembly Removal and Replacement.
to figure 5-9 and proceed as follows:
Remove front panel (10) in accordance with paragraph
Use tool set no. PT 3 1/2 to remove defective fasteners
Place head of defective fastener into
from front panel.
block as shown in figure 5-12. Place tool against
locking head of fastener and strike tool with hammer to
drive defective fastener out of panel.
Insert replacement fastener through opening in panel,
then insert fastener into flaring hand tool PT 3 1/2A as
shown in figure 5-12 and flare fastener tight to front
Replace front panel in accordance with paragraph 5-11h.